Cold Day in Maine

Cold Day in Maine
"Let's keep going, it's not cold!"

Friday, June 3, 2011

Thing 4: Online Communities

OK; everything on my blog is out of order (just like my desk!). I signed up on Good Reads and I'm looking forward to talking about books I enjoyed and getting recommendations. I miss the co-worker who used to share what she was reading; I wonder if I can find her on Good Reads......

Social Networking is a very powerful tool. You just have to look at what happened in Egypt. A Facebook page about an activist blogger who was killed helped to force President Mubarek out of office. When you think about such power it is a bit frightening but I'd like to believe it is balanced because everyone can have a voice to express themselves. I will admit the online bullying I've been reading about really is a concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment